Pages

Saturday, April 27, 2013

An unexpected delight

Johnny Be Good (Johnny Be Good, #1)Johnny Be Good by Paige Toon
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have recently started browsing reviews of my fellow-readers, whose opinions of books are similar to mine. This is how I found this book and I am really pleased that I did.
Fortunately, the sequel has already been published, so although I generally hate cliffhanger endings, in this case it can be forgiven. I have just started read the second book, Baby Be Mine.

Johnny is a seriously dysfunctional Rock Star and Meg is his PA, who rather predictably tries to save him. Unlike books with a similar theme, this novel is a far more realistic look at the reality of addiction and dealing with a life of fame. There are no easy fixes, but we are not left feeling completely hopeless! I enjoyed the relationships between the characters, the British humour that slips in every so often and the glimpse into the less than perfect life of celebrities. And, of course, I loved Johnny and am seriously rooting for him in book 2. Go Johnny!

No comments:

Post a Comment